Montana Agricultural Land Leasing
Looking to get started with a new lease or re-negotiating one that has expired? Published lease rate statistics, calculation tools, and guides are listed below to help.
- AgLease101.org: General Information, sample leases, and guidelines
- Montana Hay Hotline: Hay and pasture listings across Montana
- Farm Link Montana: Land Link: Land listings in Montana
- Montana Cadastral: Public and private land ownership info, including values, productivity, land use and type.
- USDA Real Estate Values and Land Rental Rate Comparison
- FairRent: An evaluation tool for crop share and cash leases
- NRCS Soil Surveys: Helpful in determining the productive capacity of the land
- National Ag Law Center
- Indian Land Tenure Foundation: Resource for understanding American Indian land law
Montana Agricultural Leasing by Terry Schaplow, Agricultural Law Instructor
for Department of Agricultural Economics and Economics: